Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mr Bump

I have been known to use chocolate as a cure for bumps, bruises and other minor injuries. I know this is not necessarily a good thing, but given the choice between feeding him a chocolate button or listening to overly-dramatic screaming, I'll go with the chocolate every time!

A couple of weeks ago I bought one of those cool-gel bruise soothers on sale. It looks like Mr Bump. Nicholas loves it. Now, instead of telling me he needs a chocolate button, he says he need's Mr Bump to kiss it better! He will make up every trick in the book to make me fetch 'Bump' from the fridge (like just now, when he coughed, or when he brushed against the doorframe, or when he had a violent altercation with a teddy bear)...

Interestingly, he always puts 'Bump' on his head, regardless of the injury!

I know it is all attention seeking, but I would much rather give him ten seconds with a piece of cool, squishy plastic than another chocolate. Nikki likes that I never say 'no' to 'Bump' but he only gets chocolate for an actual injury. Not that he asks most of the time now!

Best £1 I've spent in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment